Complete 45 Orange Theory Classes
I am so happy that I reactivated my Orange Theory fitness membership. While I was certainly active during the pandemic I missed the thrill of an in-person training session or class. Thanks to their stellar cleaning and safety regimen I felt comfortable going back at the middle of the last month and I am so happy that I did.
- Definitely hit this. Thinking about pausing and doing GymPass or joining Equinox but will likely do that fall or winter.
Continue logging food I eat
Last quarter I was really on top of this and want to continue this into the spring and beyond. I’ve established a habit of writing out a meal plan for the week. I’m more interested in eating healthy and less interested in following a specific diet or fad. I want to have a loose goal of hitting 30g fiber and 200g protein per day.
- I think I logged easily 80% of my days with days off for bachelor parties and weddings
Publish “Hiring is Broken” blog post
I’ve been self-employed, unemployed, W-2 employed, 10-99 “employed” and for a time invested in recruitment technology as well as have had multiple career coaches as clients. I’m really interested in where hiring and talent acquisition are going and want to put down some thoughts.
- Nope! Didn’t even draft it. Will move to Q2
Hit 17% body fat
I’ve had the somewhat vain goal of a flat stomach or visible abs for a while now and feel closer than ever. This would mean dropping 1% per month which feels achievable given the pace I’m on.
- Nope. Still happy with the pace I am on but vanity will take longer to achieve than I had planned which is probably some level of a reason to not chase it anyway.
Onboard to EY
I am so elated for this chapter in my professional career. EY is one of the leading professional services firms and has a view of the marketplace unlike any other. I chose EY as it has a good balance of both high standards and vision as well as respect for work life balance. At the time of writing, I am one week into onboarding and am consistently impressed with the depth and breadth of the firm. My one-year goal is to make an impact in every department of the business: recruiting, sales, marketing, client service, innovation and of course operations. It is hard to have a SMART goal around this but being solely focused on one thing has served me well in the past.
- Yes absolutely. After 3 months of employment, I feel like I have transitioned successfully from new hire to a fully onboard employee. I am very impressed with the onboarding process in a remote/pandemic environment. EY is the first stop of my career that feels like a career not a job and I will be happy to stay here for many years.
- met my girlfriend and very much enjoying being in a long-term relationship
- starting actual client work at EY as well as recruiting and other efforts for my group
- started seeing nuggets of evidence that life is coming back post corona. Went to standup shows and other small gatherings
- solved my housing problem by almost moving but finding someone new to come into my apartment till end of year. Big weight off my shoulders
- two bachelor parties and two in-person and one virtual wedding
- celebrated my birthday on Roosevelt island
- traveled to Durham to see newly engaged friends